Join The 8x8 Festival Team
Each year, we work with students across Ireland to design, develop and deliver the 8x8 Festival. By joining the 8x8 team you’ll meet new people, develop personal and professional skills, and find out more about important issues that shape the world we live in.
How does it work?
- We recruit teams of three 8x8 Coordinators per campus.
- No previous experience is necessary and we provide full training.
- Your team will help design the festival with students from other campuses.
- With our support, your team will run a festival on your campus.
What will I learn?
- You will develop skills in project development, event management, marketing and communications.
- You will deepen your understanding of the social and environmental issues we face locally and globally.
- You will hear from experienced change makers about ways to take action and bring about social change.
- You will meet new people, work as a team and discover what it means to be a global citizen!
When does it happen?
- Deadline for applications is May 1st (midnight) and successful candidates will be notified by mid-May.
- A training weekend for all coordinators takes place in May, followed by three monthly meet-ups in June, July and August.
- The 8x8 Festival will be launched at end of September/start of October, spending a week at each campus.